Monday 20 January 2014

Lord of Skulls conversion, WIP images.


As promised - this week I give you my Lord of Skulls Conversion, warts and all.  The build isn't completed and has been troublesome, but I am fairly happy so far.  Although it is true that the feet are a little to big and even though both arms have been extended, they still look a little short, plus the head is to small.  But apart from that, I'm fairly happy :)

The main problem I had with this build was not to copy any other conversion I had seen on the web, their are some fantastic conversions out their and great ideas, some easy and effective and some elaborate builds, but I wanted to keep it simple but put my own stamp on it.  Hopefully someone else will like it. 



Side view with the axe trailing behind waiting for the fatal death blow.  As you can see the wrist has been extended by almost 2cm.




Early on in the build, when the legs were coming together it was apparent that he needed something on his back, so I moved the two central exhausts forwards and moulded the tank onto his back so not to look too out of place and bolted on, as an afterthought.




As the right wrist was extended so must the left gun arm, first I cut the lower arm off at the elbow and glued it back straight, hoping it would make it long enough but it wasn't, so I inserted the spare exhausts into the gun, I think they look like cool plasma vents.  I added some additional pipes and wires and hey presto their we have it.




Rear shot, not fully complete and you can see them big feet of his. 




Dynamic falling forward pose :)




So their we have it, I have 6 weeks to paint 30 Zombie cultists a Daemon Prince and my Lord of Skulls, no pressure then.....  If only I could leave my Riptides alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment