Saturday 13 September 2014

The New Tau XV109 Y'vahra - A "Flying Monstrous Creature" or not?


Shas'Saal Samuraties at Advanced Tau Tactica has been good enough to post loads of images of his new purchase, the new XV109 Y'vahra from the Forge World European Open day.  As I am a massive fan of the Y'vahra and on seeing this image of the rear of the new Riptide variant and the size of the thrusters I just had to share.... 

What has come to light- First, the Y'vahra will be released in the next few months, I'm hopping for Christmas :) Second, the Y'vahra is not a close combat variant (understandably) :(  Third, confirmation on an Ion weapon and a flamer weapon (as if we didn't already know).  So open for debate is, why the huge over grown thrusters?  Could this be the first flying monstrous creature variant (please please please let it be this)? Could it have an extra long movement 4d6 for its jetpack move? Or just does it have hit and run? I for one know what I want and I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new rules on Forge World's site and Christmas morning :)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment